View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Beginner

Thumbs down Costa policies are not customer friendly!

Our critique of Costa Cruise Lines, (the Costa Luminosa), is not of the ship, nor the cruise, but the “gotcha” attitude of the Costa Offices. On a recent Baltic cruise, my daughter, three weeks before sailing, had a change of her work schedule and told Costa that she would have to disembark on day 6 of an 11 day cruise. We did not expect a refund, but we did assume that our extended family would be able to continue to use the cabin being vacated by my daughter. On the day prior to her early departure, however, my daughter was notified she had to leave the ship the next morning by 7:30 AM!! It seems that Costa had re-booked her cabin, already prepaid by us, for the 6 nights my daughter was off ship. Therefore, Costa “double-booked” and we were locked out of the room. We got no explanation other than a curt policy letter saying they were allowed to do this. We got no offer of any recompense, even in the form of future ship credits. From my experience, Costa is difficult to reach directly and they insulate themselves through travel agents. NOTE: We had a similar situation arise on a Royal Caribbean cruise with a last minute medical cancellation, and Royal Caribbean refunded the prepayment with on-board credits and (later) a check refund for the remainder, even though we had no cancellation insurance. That is a major difference in the policy approach that should be considered.
Sponsored Links