View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Passenger

Question Upsell offered only once?

About a week or so ago, I received an upsell e-mail from the "fairy". It was an offer to move from the Main deck on the Ecstasy to an upper deck, and the total cost was to be $40. It didn't specify that it would be a different class room (booked an inside room, M-34) so I passed on that offer.

I have been keeping an eye on Ecstasy sailings for November. We depart on 11/27 for the 5 day Western Caribbean itinerary. I have watched the other cruise dates apparently "fill up" as time has passed. By filling up, I mean that I have noticed one or more type of cabin become unavailable (dashed line where price should appear). For instance, on the 11/18 departure no Balconies or Suites are available. On 11/22 no OV rooms are available. When you look at our departure date, all room classes are available, and the rates are typically lower across the board. Is this indicative of them having trouble selling cabins? If so, shouldn't I be expecting some more "upsell fairy" e-mail action? I would gladly shell out $30 to $50 (total, not PP) more for an OV - even on Riveria or Main decks!

Am I reading too much into the cabin cost/availability shown on website?

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngin...dur=D1&dest=CW

Last edited by DryCreek; November 11th, 2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: tried to fix link
Sponsored Links