View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Trip--there have been many changes since you sailed from there. The waiting area past security he mentioned is one of the new changes. Also the ramps that allow by-pass of elevators on debarkation. They are now making even newer improvements that will be finished before the Carnival Magic arrives. This port has done nothing but GROW so they keep updating as needed. There will always be a few 'bad' experiences due to weather, customs, or fog, but on the whole is the one of the BEST ports for both embarkation and debarkation. I've sailed from Galveston at least 30 times and it has ALWAYS been smooth for me. I know Ill get a bad one eventually, but so far so good.

I agree with TP's assessment other than I prefer EZ Cruise Parking. We usually walk over from there, but we always walk back at debarkation, much faster.

Also now that everyone now seems to go early if you wait until 3:00 - 3:30 pm, you can pretty much just walk on without any lines.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Dream-Caribbean-7/13/2014, Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.

Last edited by Snoozeman; November 28th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.