View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Question Smoke free land vacations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suse View Post
Personally, I agree with Sail. There is nothing militant about preferring smoke-free zones on your expensive verandah. Like I said, we've had a hard time with smokers on all sides of us and it is just not fair to have it ruin our pleasure. Sure, we can go with Celebrity. I've done that but not liked the line as much.
So, this December, I found a solution. For the first time, I've booked a land vacation. I'll take my money elsewhere. No sour grapes, here; I just can't stand being around that filthy habit. Hope HAL starts to change things a bit.........but I doubt it's going to happen.
Interesting. Where have you found a totally smoke free environment for your land vacation?

I was in Missouri recently. Lots of tourist attractions there. The restaurants are usually divided into smoking and non-smoking. How does that help you?

We have many wonderful spots in California that are as smoke free as the ships are. Maybe you can visit one of them. But you may still find yourself standing on the beach in Monterey or at the overlook in Yosemite with a smoker standing next to you.

Few hotels feature balcony rooms, so I guess you won't have that problem. On the other hand, you could simply get a standard outside cabin on the ship with no balcony and solve your problem that way, couldn't you?

If your problem with smoke is so serious that smoke in the outside air bothers you that much... maybe you will just have to "staycation" in your own home with the windows closed and the air conditioner on. The Travel Channel has some good shows on it.

HMMM.