View Single Post
  #10 (permalink)  
Old November 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Phil&Liz's Avatar
Phil&Liz Phil&Liz is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,979
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil&Liz

Man this stuff can get complicated.....
Short answer..

Can I Apply For Extension of Stay on US Transit Visa?

6. How long can I stay in the U.S. on C-1 visa?

You may stay for a maximum of 29 days in the U.S. on C-1 visa. You are required to leave the U.S. on the proposed flight or ship of departure, or within 29 days, whichever is earlier.


7. Can I apply for extension of stay on C-1 visa?

No, you may not extend your stay on C-1 visa. If you want to extend your stay you should apply for appropriate
B-1/B-2 visas or can travel on Visa Waiver Program.

Note: If a foreign national seeks layover privileges for purposes other than for transit through the U.S. (for example, to visit friends or engage in sightseeing), he/she will have to qualify for the type of visa required for that purpose.
The Original Phil & Liz

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money. Margaret Thatcher

Never take an idiot travelling, you can always pick one up when you get there. Billy Connolly

I Didn't Come here and I ain't Leaving.
Willie Nelson

9/01/2013 Carnival Legend
2/16/2014 BC 7

Bill Murray
20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
Reply With Quote