View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner View Post
I don't mind people relaxing and being a little less formal while on vacation, but does being on vacation mean we throw all decorum out the balcony door? I don't think long pants, sleeves and a collar are too much to ask for in the dining room. Nor is it too much to ask for wearing some kind of cover over your bathing suit in the buffet, or at least wearing a shirt of SOME kind when you are not on the pool deck, but down inside the ship. You don't have to dress up for formal night, I really don't care if you wear a suit or tux, but at least some sleeves and a collar!!!
I completely agree with you. I like casual dress and the definition you give is how I feel about casual.

The days of true formal are gone on most mainstream cruise lines but going too far to the casual side is also not the answer.

I was ready to find an alternative to cruising because of the formality and the regimentation. Luckily the cruise lines changed and made cruising once again enjoyable.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me