View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old November 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Mike M's Avatar
Mike M Mike M is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 24,346

Originally Posted by doopydozer View Post
The US now requires that all travel to Mexico and Canada requires a passport.
Even if you cross by car , horse , mule or any other means they require a passport.
That isn't correct:

Land or sea crossings require a passport. Closed loop, ocean going voyages do not.

DHS: Publication of Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) Land and Sea Final Rule, Questions and Answers

How will the final WHTI requirements affect passengers going on cruises?
U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or a copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by DOS, or a Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote