View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Familiar Face

Default Azamara Club Cruises - LATEST UPDATE - DEC 2010

Hello Paul Motter and Cruisemates,

I’m pleased to provide you with some information on how “Azamara is shaping up.” But first, I like to introduce myself. My name is Bill Leiber and I am honored to have been chosen as Azamara Club Cruises first Chief Blogging Officer. Larry Pimentel, CEO & President and Edie Bornstein, VP Sales & Marketing decided to add my position to their marketing line-up. My mission is to replace cyberspace misinformation and personal opinions with factual information about Azamara Club Cruises’ operating philosophy that hopefully will increase your certainty of a totally satisfying vacation experience as you search the web to reduce your perceived risk of making the wisest vacation decision.

The Azamara brand has been evolving at an accelerated rate and its product deliverables have dramatically changed. First in 2007 as “Azamara Cruises,” a subsidiary of Celebrity Cruises and then in 2009 it began its transformation into “Azamara Club Cruises,” a free-standing entity of Royal Caribbean Cruises led by Larry Pimentel. Each product iteration, however, leaves a historically inaccurate residue on the message boards of past reviews and opinions creating “false starting points” when deciding whether or not to vacation with Azamara.

In April 2010, Azamara Club Cruises introduced more inclusive onboard amenities (gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff; boutique house wines at lunch and dinner; bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees and teas and more). We are a destination-immersive cruise line with more overnights and late-nights for up-market travelers who not only want to see the places and cultures they visit, but to live them. Our two intimate, 694-guest ships, Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, with a combination of 347 suites and staterooms, offer a boutique European hotel ambience with extraordinary service, fine cuisine and wines from around the world, and wellness and vigor programs, all while sailing to a host of destinations larger ships can’t reach. Our guest satisfaction scores have been steadily increasing and this past fall our scores were unprecedented - if 300 is perfection – they’ve been hitting 287 to 294.

Capturing your feedback will be critical as Larry Pimentel guides Azamara forward. For the record, I am an authorized and compensated representative of Azamara Club Cruises. Before I retired from the travel industry in 2005 I had spent 30 years in senior sales and marketing positions in the cruise industry with NCL, Premier Cruise Lines, Seabourn and Silversea. In fact, I was a member of Larry’s executive team at Seabourn Cruise Line while he served as President. I experienced first-hand his operating principle that the journey to brand excellence is never ended – it is evolutionary.

Bill Leiber
Chief Blogging Officer
Azamara Club Cruises
Sponsored Links