View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

Hi Bill,

I think it is a great idea for Azamara to have someone in your position. As a luxury travel agent (one of the top agents for Seabourn worldwide) I fully understand what you are saying and what the problems are.

With very limited marketing and that little bit of marketing becoming irrelevant shortly after it has been released has, as you stated, Azamara created confusion in the marketplace.

I would love to see you show a head-to-head comparison between Oceania and Azamara (as you do effectively operate the same ships). It is hard for most cruisers to understand the differences otherwise and, to be honest, Oceania has a history of providing much better marketing.

I know the industry generally frowns upon such comparisons, but Regent Seven Seas (Oceania's sister company also owned by Prestige Cruise Holdings) provides full presentations on comparing its value versus Holland America, Princess and Celebrity. (They are not necessarily terribly accurate, but they are nonetheless head-to-head comparisons.)

Thanks!