View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just cruised the Freedom in August and loved it. We are also in California but I grew up on Merritt Island by Cocoa Beach and went to my class reunion. To "encourage" my DH to go with me, we booked a cruise for the next day leaving from Port Canaveral. We stayed at the Radisson where the reunion was held. Fly in a day early, rent a car and drive the hour to Port Canaveral. The beach is so close as is Ron Jon's and other places. WalMart is just down the 528 to MI if you need something or want to pick up things instead of packing them.

We were suppose to do the Eastern but Hurricane Karl changed our itinerary to Western, Coco Cay, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. In Cozumel we just went to the El Cid hotel by the docks but in Grand Cayman we booked the Stingrays. We have done this before and loved it. We did Labadee years ago and like Donna said, BBQ and beach activities.

On the Freedom, be sure to check out the adult only large jacuzzi that pops on the sides, try the flowrider or watch others, the ice shows are a must! Be sure to get tickets and go early. The lines are long but everyone gets in. We recommend the sitting in the middle section so you can see everything. The food was great and you will love the Wind Jammer - buffet area. So much more room than the Horizon Court on Princess and much more selections. Enjoy!
New England/Canada

228 sea days soon to be 249