View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with what Boatman just said. One of my "dreams" is a World Cruise.....I ~sort of~ got tempted by Princess, as they have a World Cruise which begins and ends in Sydney....therefore no long haul flights, and we could even travel to Sydney by train and take as much luggage as we like! All sounded great....so I did the maths. If we wanted an inside cabin for around 104 days, yes you can do it really cheap! I cant imagine myself in an inside cabin for even one day! I took the price of the BEST cabin on Dawn Princess, which still didnt compare to the cheapest cabin on Seabourn......then of course in the "best" cabins the gratuities are higher per day...add them up for 104 days x 2 people.........then the Bar bill??? All I can say, yes we are Aussies....the bar bill would be pretty high. (In "our" money, on Rhapsody, I paid around $20 for a cocktail.....only had one all cruise!!) so I would imagine cost of drinks on Princess would be very similar. Then there are all the little things that are extras on most ships, even fresh squeezed orange juice was extra on Rhapsody....bottled water....shuttle buses in Ports......when I finished adding everything, there was very very little difference. So now I need to save my pennies for a Seabourn World Cruise!!

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011