View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:06 AM
First Mate

They have blocked off a small section of the beach in Labadee for Suite Guests; however, I would not call it the "best" beach; there is an abundance of beach area for guests to leverage. As for the pool chairs and theater, I believe they tried that out and repealed it as it was not used. Also, the pool chairs were the ones on along the pool and sky bar (stadium seating) like area. I agree that these are the exception, generally speaking common areas remain consistent.

I'll also point out that Diamond and Diamond Plus members now get a lounge shut down nightly for a 2-3 hour period for free wine on those ships that are without a diamond lounge. Does that also consitute a class system? Or is that just rewarding those passengers who have chosen to continue to patronize the cruise line? I believe we need to accept that businesses within the hospitality sector are "expected" to reward those individuals who pay a premium price or earn status. This is no different than being a Platinum Starwoord Member (i.e., Free access to the club floor/lounge, free upgrades, free bottled water, free access to health club) or a Gold Medalian Member on Delta (i.e., premium coach seats reserved, free drink in coach, free first class upgrade, etc.).