View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM
First Mate

As not only a Diamond member (close to being Diamond Plus) but also as a cruiser who has stayed in suites on all but my first cruise, I appreciate the extras that Royal Caribbean provides for their top paying guests. It is nice to be appreciated for not only my loyalty to their cruise line but also willing to pay for the extras that we receive as suite guests. There are also almost daily special "meetings" for Diamond/Diamond Plus members whether it is a meet and greet with the officers or special previews of art shows. My favorite was the chance to meet the officers on the heli-pad in Nassau onboard the Oasis.
I wouldn't call it a class system but a perk for the loyalty of the passengers who are repeated customers (which alot of companys recognize with special offerings) and for those that are willing to pay thousands of dollars of extras to cruise in the suites. We paid over $8000 for our owners suite for four people on our recent Oasis cruise (while the inside cabins would have been around $3000) we have no problem paying for the extras that staying in a suite allows us to enjoy and you know that the price for these extras is included in the price the suite guests are paying for there staterooms. I for one applaud RCL for continuing to add more perks to recognize the loyalty of there customers, repeat cruisers are the majority of there business and to keep us loyal in the competitive business they are in the perks help to keep us loyal. I have never cruised on anything but RCL and can't see me ever changing that.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007