View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamboatman View Post
I just got off a presentation with Celebrity about some significant changes to the two newest Solstice class ships, Silhouette and Reflections.

For me the biggest news is that the ships are going to grow one deck in height and one meter (39 inches) in width. With this capacity is going to grow from about 1426 cabins to 1515 cabins. The new cabins will include 34 new AquaClass Suites, 8 Sky Suites, 19 Concierge Class cabins and 11 inside cabins.

There is also going to be major modifications to the Lawn Club. Gone is the Corning Glass Works and in its place will be an extra cost Specialty Restaurant, forward to starboard will be The Porch (a breakfast/lunch venue), and forward off to the port side, an Artist's Corner.

In addition there will be pay-for private lounge retreats along the sides of the Lawn as well as complimentary hammocks and giant Adirondack chairs aft.

Michaels Club is being transformed (not to my liking) into an upscale brew pub...losing its classy feel and overstuffed sofas/grand piano.

Also, some venues like Bistro on 5 will be redesigned.

The environmental nook will be transformed into a quiet retreat with elevated tree houses and comfortable sofas to relax in.

The increased space will provide for 245 additional sun loungers and more seating in the main show lounge as well as in some dining venues (Tuscan Grille, Blu, Qsine and the Main Restaurant).

As with all things that change, some will be positive and some will not. I am not thrilled with the additional capacity or the changes to Michael's Club...especially Michael's Club.

While I had the benefit of seeing plans and artist renderings, you may get a better idea from Celebrity's press release.

What do you think?
The one deck enhancement will only be on Reflection, not Silhouette..

The other point not mentioned but asked at the press conference had to do with the rumors of two more S class ships. There will not be ships 6 and 7 at this time...

The AQ suites are seperate from AQ class cabins, they will have more room and all the benefits of suites...

Last edited by dkjretired; December 8th, 2010 at 12:26 PM.