View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Admiral

I'm not sure where the Hyatt is .... will have to google that. Noon isn't tooo bad. Our plane lands at noon.

I read on HAL website that on embarkation day, Mariners can eat in the MDR. I love this .... I'm not a buffet fan in general .... but the first day buffet is always the worst. It would be nice to sit and enjoy a meal after a long morning of travelling.

On our last cruise (Grandeur) ... we woke up at 4AM for our travel day. I ate a granola bar on the plane. We boarded Grandeur around 11 and ate at the buffet. I picked at the food, it was mostly inedible. We were set for late seating at dinner. It never ocurred to me that I was hunrgy because my stomach wasn't rumbling. I guess I was going on adreniline. I had a massage booked for 5PM and as I started my massage, the worst headache started to build. Around 7PM I send DH to the infirmary for some ibuprofen, which I took on an empty stomach. I was nauseous. Only then did it occur to me that I hadn't really eaten all day. DH grabbed me some pizza from the lido deck, and I spent the rest of our night in bed. THAT was our 10th anniversary. Poor DH sat by himself in teh MDR (I made him go!) when the MaitreD arrived with a cake for our anniversary

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991