December 18th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Denver Colorado, USA
Queen, the Eurodam , like all HAL ships is beautiful.
- The buffet is quite good.
- I think the main dining room is open for lunch on port days, but I'm not positive.
- We don't have small children any more, but Club HAL seemed very nice.
- You can bring wine aboard but maybe not 7 bottles. there are nearby liquor stores but they are not very convenient.
- I think early seating is 6:00. the food in the dining room is very good. The food in Tamarind, (Asian, Pacific Rim) and the Pinnacle Grill, (steakhouse) is extraordinarily good, and well worth it for a special night.
- if the ship docks at Oldtown San Juan it is NOT industrial at all.
- Don't know about your cruise, but we were on the Eurodam for a trans-Atlantic crossing last spring and the shows were the best we've ever seen at sea. Very good!
- I see you go for inside rooms. Perhaps that is wise with small kids, but certainly NOT our cup of tea. Most of the staterooms on Eurodam are verandah rooms and they are very nice.
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville
This is our seventh cruise, but first wtih HAL. We've sailed Carnival, Princess and RC (with RC being our favourite until now).
I booked Eurodam on a whim yesterday as present for the fam, sailing in Mar 2011.
A few questions:
1. Is the buffet any good (just came off Grandeur which had a horrible buffet)
2. Is the MDR open for lunch on port days? I like to avoid the buffet at all costs.
3. I think I understand how the soda card works, but is there an unlimitted package, like on other lines?
4. Is the kid's club any good? My kids are 3 and 4.
5. According to the HAL website, it appears that you can bring wine on board, and there are no limitations. I certainly don't want to carry 7 bottles of wine on board, but is that allowed? Is there a good wine store near port everglades to stop at? Or at FLL?
6. What time is the early dining? I havent finalized my preference yet. We generally like to eat around 6:30, but I am thinking of trying AYWD. With two young kids though, i don't want long waits. The travel agent seem to think that the early seating was at 5:30 which seems to early.
7. Are the shows any good?
8. I've been to San Juan before and remember it as being quite industrial - we will probably stay on ship. For the stops in T&C, is there a beach nearby, if so, is it walking distance? I think Magen's Bay is on St. Thomas, in which case we will probably cab it there.
Landlocked in Denver, but cruisin every chance we get.
Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10