View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Familiar Face

Default Home from Brilliance of the Seas

My partner and I are home from the Brilliance of the Seas.

I can see that everyone has some pretty strong opinions. We didn't really expect anything back but what we paid for and didn't receive. The cost of the Egyptian excursions were refunded to our Sea Pass card the next day, as was the original $200. I'm not going to say we were "happy" with it, because what would have made us happy was to see Egypt ... the reason for purchasing the cruise. But we didn't blame Captain Nick entirely. Although he should have returned to port in Rhodes when we saw the weather deteriorating the 70 foot waves and 80 mph winds were not his fault. We did not insist on more or have any intention on pursuing anything further than holding each other and being grateful that we are still alive to have some more years together and maybe another cruise or two in the future. We were not a part of the mob down stairs in the Centrum. Frankly, we were a little embarrassed for those people and how they behaved.

But after the mutiny, it became clear Royal was going to be forced into keeping a lid on the outrage.

And that's part of the what the market will bear, or as we like to call it: Capitalism. That's just business. If the entire ship revolts and the company risks a public image nightmare...they have to pay. That's just how it works. I don't feel sorry for them any more than do I blame them. And Royal Caribbean likewise wouldn't feel sorry for me if they had to tell me, for example, I took too long to cancel a cruise so they were keeping all my money. It's just how it works.

(Footnote: Don't ever use Air France. You are likely to regret it for the rest of your life.)

Last edited by DetroitMark; December 20th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.