Thread: Passport Help
View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM
R&S's Avatar
R&S R&S is offline
Familiar Face
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 62

Originally Posted by Wilkweb View Post
I was worried because neither have "state" issued I'd. Just their highschool I'd. Just wondering if anyone else had experience with this?
In Texas a parent can get a Texas ID, similar to a drivers license but without the test, for their children. You just need the proper documents such as a birth certificate. Perhaps your state offers something similar.

As previously stated, if you are departing and returning to the same port, a closed loop cruise, you should only need the birth certificate. One other thing to consider is if both parents are not traveling on the cruise, Carnival requires a consent slip giving permission for the children to travel. I don't know the details but if it is something you need you can call Carnival and get the exact information.
Enjoy your cruise,
Ron and Sue

Upcoming Cruises
Carnival Sunshine - January 2014
Carnival Dream - January 2015

Previous Ships
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Victory
Sapphire Princess
Carnival Triumph (X 3)
Carnival Ecstasy (X 2)
Golden Princess
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Elation
NCL Dream
Carnival Paradise
NCL Sunward II
Reply With Quote