View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Default Excursions Questions - Grand Turk and St. Thomas

I posted this on the HAL section, but it's not too active over there. A few questions about our pending Eurodam Cruise:

Our kids are too young to spend money on excrusions, they just want to make sandcastles on the beach ... so our excursions are pretty-much pre-determined.

For St. Thomas, I've been to both Trunk Bay and Magen's Bay before and I'm not sure which we'll go to. On our last cruise, we heard about a young boy (cruise passenger) being shot by a stray bullet from a gang war. I've yet to google and verify any details. If you have any info to share, please do. Is either beach in a particularly safer area? For Magen's Bay, we can do the Beach Getaway, which woudl run about $86.00. Would anyone recommend taking a taxi as opposed to the cruise excursion? There are four of us - 2 adults and 2 kids under 4. In Cozumel, earlier this year, we took a cab ride which was safe and cost effective. I'm just not sure about doing this on St. Thomas.

For Grand Turk - pretty much same question. I've never been before. Is a nice beach within a quick cab ride?

Thanks,
Queen.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999