View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
Thanks, email sent to my TA and waiting for a reply!

I gave the cruise as a gift to the family for xmas. I made a countdown chain with the itinerary and a picture of the Eurodam hanging at the end of the chain.

82 days to go!
What a cute way to give a Christmas gift. We were just on NCL's Sky for Xmas and saw the Eurodam next to us Xmas day in Nassau (we are going on her in March). They had written up above where the tug area normally is "Seasons Greetings" and up by the basketball court, they had lit Xmas decorations. Nice touch! I remember going on the Zandam for New Years some years ago all the decorations and trees they had in every room. NCL had some trees, but not in every room and not nearly as nice as HAL. However, they did have a gingerbread village in the atrium with train and different departments created their own trees and had a contest to see whose was the best, voted upon by the passengers: bakery (very disappointing, just a small pointed tree covered mostly with green frosting), electrical (the best one, I thought--a contraption with a lot of transformers, light switches, small Xmas lights), a green paper and red paper tree by another department, and one more whose design and department I forgot (so I guess it was not too good). There were cookie decorating sessions for the kids and parents. They did decorate the staircases in the atrium area and some of the staff were dressed in Santa hats and elf costumes. We sung caroles in the atrium on Fri eve, had a Christmas show in the theater, sung more caroles in the piano bar. Santa paid a visit on Fri and Sat and gave out gifts and we could pose for photos. We bought a bunch of decorations at the store and around our window and sliding doors, placed Xmas lights (we turned off our cabin lights and lit them and people from other ships and on land were able to see them), hung stockings and Santa hats, had snowglobes and snowmen on sleds strewn around the cabin. Stewards said we were the only ones and all got great pleasure from it.
Hope they enjoy your priceless gift! Have a Happy New Year!