View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Eric and Paul,

Thanks for your compliments.

Eric (other cruise-mates should know Eric and have known each (email/cruise boards) other for almost 2 yrs) until you sail recently (last 18 months--not just inspect or conduct a TA sponsored visit) luxlines (e.g., Silversea, Regent or even Seadream) stand by my comments.

Paul, we were on the Silversea Spirit maiden crossing (16 nites) this past Jan. In terms of cruises our best ever due to fellow pax, cruise vibe and SS service. However, the Spirit is our least fav lux ship (have been on PG, Voyager, Navigator, Shadown, Whisper and Spirit)is a very poorly designed luxury cruise ship. Observation Lounge has no bathrooms (you enjoy pre dinner drinks, then u must go down two decks (pool deck) to use a restroom ). The Spirit is designed with all pax decks forward. Silversea has a liberal smoking policy. However, with all pax cabins forward--second hand smoke infiltrated our cabin and somewhat irritated my wife. Veranda suites are much to narrow due to their fancy TV/mirror console jutting out..thus if my wive uses the vanity to do her make up I must crawl over the bed to get adult beverages. The bathroom, tho the shower is best we have experienced at sea, the sink leaves no counter space, and the water faucet is not user friendly. For my wife and I, since we are exercise lovers, find the SS facilities very poor. The Spirit exercise room is minuscule (can handle only 5 pax and an instructor). Common spa has only one unisex sauna and spa (must wear bathing suits) and only one shower. The unisex locker room is not collocated (15 feet away). The jogging track is small (8 laps to a mile)

Paul, we sail both Regent and Silversea but will be hard pressed to book another SS Spirit voyage.

Last edited by Colonel(ret.)wes; December 30th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.