View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2001, 03:00 PM
BillG

Default Re: Celebrity vs. Royal Caribbean?

Vision does not have a miniature golf area (Legend and Splendour are the two Vision Class ships with that feature. Voyager Class and Radiance also have mini golf. In the posters instance, I would recommend Vision of the Seas because of the extensive youth program offered by RCI, but even more so because of the Solarium which will allow use of the pool in a protected environment (it can get chilly on deck in Alaska) while still providing you with great views of the spectacular scenery. That is one advantage of the Vision Class ships since you have so many opportunities to view the scenery even when you are inside the ship. I think that differences between Celebrity and RCI may be muted in Alaska which has a different atmosphere than what you might find on a Caribbean cruise. Both ships should provide you with a wonderful and memorable trip to Alaska. I hope you have time to tour the interior of Alaska as well. BTW Benjamin- just off the Explorer in October and saw plenty of tuxes (75% of the men at our table wore them), so don't leave yours at home unless you need space in your luggage.