View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Our first cruise was on P&O's Victoria (formerly Sea Princess) for Christmas 1997, we have loads of great memories (many reflecting other comments here), so I have tried to justify my reasons for picking the following, which are in no particular order.

An old guy at afternoon tea on Christmas Eve moaning about the Christmas music being played in the dining room. The waiters did turn the music down, but no-one told the guy as he left that he still had has napkin tucked into his pants

Realising on the second day that my wife had lost her handbag somewhere between Heathrow airport & our cabin. It turned up safe and sound after a waiter had found it & handed it in. We tracked him down & thanked him with a small sign of our appreciation, you would have thought we had just given him the world

Sitting down once we got back home, trying to work out how on earth the cruise line had made any money. If we had paid for the flights, hotels, food & entertainment we'd easily have spent twice as much

Our main waiter Anecetto Rod, who took great pleasure in lining up more & more OJs for my wife instead of starters. He also kept popping up in our video, unknowm to us at the time :-D

The Midnight buffets (pre 24-hour dining), especially the build your own sandwiches. We only wanted a hot drink, but hey it would have been rude not to join in

Thanks to all the cruise lines & staff who have made our memories over the years so great.

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam