Thread: Formal night
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to RevNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by suse View Post
It's funny; we received the new catalogue for HAL sailings yesterday, and I was longing for a European long cruise. We enjoy formal nights mostly because the food is better.
Nevertheless, the long cruise needs to wait till I'm old and gray and retired and I'm not sure when that will be. As it is, I can only take 10 days off at a time but am hankering for the 14 day trip.
I hope they keep the formal nights. I love to see the splendor.
Suse, is that 10 work days (i.e., Monday-Friday)? If so, and if you time it right, you should be able to get a 14 day cruise in. I work on Sundays, so that makes it more difficult for me to take a 7-day cruise that departs on a Sunday ... I have to miss TWO Sundays in a row in order to get just 1 week of cruise. If I want 2 weeks aboard ship, and the cruise departs on a Sunday, I have to miss THREE Sundays in a row. That's expensive, even if the total time gone is only 14 days.

My point is, if you can take off only 10 days at a time you should be able to get in a 2 week cruise with that. Or, are you days off inclusive of Saturdays and Sundays?

Booked and Up-Coming:
MS Amsterdam -- Alaska 14 -Days, September 7, 2012