View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I researched this on my own almost three years ago and posted it in a few threads.

How late is too late

That was actually incorrect information that even I believed. It was that way for about a month after 9/11 and that was it. I also believed who I thought was a "reliable" source that it was 72 hours but have now learned I need to verify things on my own.

The manifest must be submitted to Homeland Security one hour before sailing. It was 24 hours a few months ago.

The current booking requirements are:

Carnival: Day of sailing
RCI: 24 hours before sailing

Take care,
Mike
RE: Manifest

I see I posted on that thread, maybe it was my informtion you were confirming. ;-)

Mike the new rule has always been the 1 hour. Some may have insinuated it was longer, but it never was.

Previously it could be several days after sailing provided that the 1st call was NOT a U.S. port. If so it was 24 hour prior to arrival of that port.

RCL: 24hrs is an internal company rule. They have always been different from Carnival and you couldn't do walk ups inside the 24 hours for a long time-even b4 9/11.

This has always been the #2 misconception out there about cruise requirements or regulations. #1 is muster drill, but I don't want to open that can of worms.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Dream-Caribbean-7/13/2014, Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.

Last edited by Snoozeman; January 6th, 2011 at 06:05 PM.