View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default To purchase a drink package or not

We are first time cruisers and are debating whether to pre purchase a package or get a bill at the end of our cruise. I looked at the classic package and the premium package..the classic package for 2 of us would be around 670.00 and the premium package would be 900.00. Our cruise includes 3 ports and 3 days at sea so because the port days we would be off the ship anywhere from 2-6 hours we would not be drinking on the ship during those times. Is it really worth pre buying a package or get a bill at the end of your vacation. Both my hubby and I are social drinkers and love a few glasses of wine at dinner.

I averaged the classic package as being about $47-$49/day/person and the premium as $65-$70/day/person...

My question is to seasoned cruisers what is your preference; have you done your cruise both ways and what are the pros and cons in both situations; and what was your average bill at the end of your cruise.

Another idea I had was to purchase one wine package so we could have a bottle of wine at our dinner and purchase one pop and water so we could have something other than alcohol during the day.

Some tips would be great

Shelley
Sponsored Links