View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Indeed this is a loss for California and Mexico.
After having made some cruises to as well as the Sea of Cortez (very interesting if one arranges tours inland) and Mexican Riviera we are now staying (like the last 2 years) for a few months in Puerto Vallarta during winter.
Knowing P. Vallarta and its surroundings rather well I disagree with you re activities and things to see or do or where to shop.
Unfortunately many tourists hardly leave the ship or stay close to it. In PVR it seems Walmart is the place to go for many tourists or just to the closest beach near the port, which isnot the nicest...
I have showed place to friends who had visited PVR before, where they never were before. Either in or around PVR.
People often have the wrong impression about violence in Mexico. For almost 100% it is drugsrelated, certainly not against tourists. Most of the violence is around the bordertowns, and unfortunately around Acapulco.
In the caribean and also in Europe there places where crime against tourists (pickpocketing, robbery etc.) is higher then around here.
I feel sorry for the mexicans making a living here, it might getting more difficult again for them.