January 20th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Denver Colorado, USA
Martha, you should think of an extra special awful practical joke to play on the joker who told you the staterooms were not heated. I have been on a couple dozen cruise ships on every continent but one -- and I promise you, they are all heated (and air conditioned)!!
About the coffee and tea, every form of each is readily available to you!
I wouldn't take the trip on a small ferry to Catalina as indicative of whether you will get seasick. That is unlikely. If you are concerned, go to your local drugstore and get some over-the-counter Bonine just for insurance. It works.
You were wise to get a balcony, you will enjoy that, but be forewarned once you have a balcony, it is very hard to go back to NOT having one.
Originally Posted by Martha C
1. Hubby and I moved to Southern NV, from Los Angeles almost 15 years ago. We have one son, 19 in college, still lives at home. We are in our late 40's.
2. I have a phobia of being on the open water and enclosed places.
3. We are doing Carnival Elation to Ensenada, out of San Diego. We choose it because it was recommended for first time curiser and I was able to get a balcony for a great deal.
4. Being seasick. I felt really bad on the ferry going to Catalina Island, but I haven't been on anything bigger than that. Also, being cold in the cabin. I understand the cabins are not heated and we are going in December.
5. My two biggest questions: How is the winery tour in Ensenada and what do the Cat 12 suites look like after the update? Oh and is decaf Green Tea available on the ship or should I bring my own for my evening cup??
This was a great idea!!
Landlocked in Denver, but cruisin every chance we get.
Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10