January 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Denver Colorado, USA
Rebecca and Michael,
Absolutely no one here will treat you as 'dumb.' We have ALL been where you are and are delighted to see you taking an interest in cruising! You have a wealth (probably several thousand years cumulative) of experience to draw on from the posters here and there is no better place to get advice from your friends with similar interests!!
Originally Posted by the witvoets
1. My name is Rebecca my DH name is Michael and we have 5 dependents between both of us (DS-18, DD-15, DS-10, DS-7 and DD-4).
2. It didn't take us too long at all. A mutual friend from work just had gotten back from another cruise and talking about it got us hooked.
3. We choose the Western Caribbean to see the Mayan Ruins and Cozumel for shopping.
4. Not being ready for the cruise.
5. I have tons of questions as a first time cruiser, but it seems that when I ask questions, cruisers who aren't first time cruisers seem to act like I'm dumb when I ask questions.
Landlocked in Denver, but cruisin every chance we get.
Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10