View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Admiral

I don't disagree with you. I collect both vigoriously. I used Aeroplan last October for first class flights to Europe for our cruise.

I've used my Air Miles to fly to Winnipeg (I lived there forever) and Vancouver.

It's just that I am a TA and we are partnered with Aeroplan.

I just called Air Miles to see what is what. (and so I can compare.) I checked our next cruise, Allure. I asked about for a balcony. The balcony guarantee is $1,024 plus taxes $266.77 per person. Using all my airmiles (over 14K) it would still cost me $700 for 2 of us. That's about 1/3 of the cost. I know for aeroplan it is $500 for every 59,000 aeroplan miles. Therefore it would take about 180K aeroplan to get to the same place. I guess it's apples to oranges.

My biggest beef calling them - they held me for 18 minutes took my information then another 10 to give me the information I asked for. I just recieved an automated call from them now wanting me to do a customer satisfaction survey - I didn't like the call. I don't like calls like that if I don't give permission for them to call me back.

Anyway, whichever is most advantageous to me is what I would use.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.