View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinagrl View Post
Would you be interested in the Feb 7 Carnival Fantasy sailing from Charleston? The itinerary isn't much, but it's 5 days and inside cabins are $299. I live about a day's drive from Charleston. Port Canaveral would probubly be farther than I'd want to drive at this time. I'm more interested in a relatively short cruise to get out of the cold. I'm a M/W/F in my mid-50's. I'm a retired special ed teacher who enjoys the beach, music, scrabble and bananagram, sightseaing, a little shopping, a good book and a good laugh. I don't smoke or snore (that I"m aware of), but am most definitely not a morning person, particularly on vacation. While on a cruise, it would take something very special indeed to get me out of the bed on a cruise before 8. However, my cabinmate would be more than welcome to get up with the chickens if she desired. I do enjoy the shows and the piano bar, and anywhere there is live music, but I wouldn't be coming back to the cabin in the wee hours, slamming doors and making a bunch of racket if my cabinmate had turned in at 9pm, or something. It's short notice, but if you'd be interested in doing the Feb 7 cruise, let me know. It's not a particularly good ship, and definitely not a particularly appealing itinerary, but it's convenient (for me) and cheap and it will get me to where it's WARM, so I can settle.
But remember, it's still A CRUISE. I hope you two find someone. I'm sticking my nose in because of the SCRABBLE remark. Would have enjoyed this, scrabble players are hard to come by. Have you seen Super Scrabble yet? It's double sized with more options.
Meanwhile, back to your cruise search.