View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
It's too late to do anything about it now but I am now wondering if gratuities were already added on to the price of our first cruise and we paid twice?
I seriously doubt you paid twice. Did you take the time to review your final bill...? Always important to do so. We have found charges that weren't even ours on past bills that we had to request removal of, and also duplicate charges of items purchased at times. If this happens to you, take your bill to the purser's office for adjustments.

It is possible they did charge you twice, however, if they misunderstood and thought you wanted to double your tips. Probably too late but I'd ask for a copy of your final bill from that cruise anyway.

That'd be an additional 70 x 4 ($280) on my usual length of a 7-day cruise. No way would I overlook that kind of a mistake.

Quote:
So, my question is, when I'm onboard will the company be aware that I've already paid the (minimum suggested) gratuities or will I still get a note asking how I want to pay them?
Have yet to sail RCL so I can't answer that, but I would think most lines are now including gratuities. Once one line starts, they all tend to follow suit.

Happy sailing!

Beth
Enchanted Seas
Enchanted Isle x4

Seawind
Seawind Crown
Celebrity
Horizon
Carnival
Celebration x5
Festivale
Fascination