View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarsl View Post
Pools are bacteria filled in general because there are many older children and adults who do things in pools they shouldn't. As far as splash pools, that's all I was thinking, because after all, he's only going to be one. I was thinking of doing the blow up pool option anyway.

Any other thoughts on bringing a child that young? With my older two, we waited until they were 3 and potty trained before taking a cruise with them and had a break from cruising between the two. This one was a little unexpected but a pleasant surprise and decided to give it a go.
RCL has a wonderful Mommy and Me type sessions. We were on Freedom of the Seas with our just turned 2 yr old. They had a ton of the classic Fisher Price Little People Toys and even little ride ons for the kids. There was an instructor playing games and doing sing alongs. They also let you check out toys to take to your cabin.

Wish I had thought to bring a blow up pool or even the Munchkin Blow up Duck Bath. We did put our son in the baby splash pool (never should have listened to the hubby) and he got so sick. The only pediatric antibiotics on board gave him a rash so then we had a sick and itchy baby with a $500 medical bill from the ships Dr.

I think your one year old will love the Merry Go Round and the Mommy and Me type playgroups. We met other nice couples with kids in the group and created our own additional play dates. Our true savior was taking a portable dvd player with us to the dinners and letting him watch whatever he wanted while we finished our dinners. The restaurants are so loud we didn't have to even worry about the volume.