View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
No excuse for rudeness, but that's the public service industry for you, so perhaps if you are not suited to the life you have the wrong job?
Maybe a question for you?....why don't staff enforce the dress codes & why do staff allow chair hogs to get away with it, it's not up to passengers to get into confrontations.
People are on vacation...we usually don't want to cause a fuss about the dress code. Usually there are many more people who just don't care about the dress code (depending on the cruise line) than there are people who think that's important. I guess it really shouldn't matter what people wear, as long as they're not naked. It's a vacation...not a State Dinner. I like dressing up sometimes, but I don't think it should be required, and I think a lot of people share that opinion. Plus, sometimes luggage just gets lost...

As far as the deck chairs go, we do ask sometimes, but if a guest just flat out refuses, most of the staff that would confront them don't have the confidence or status to challenge them. It's not easy to get security to come deal with that, and it might make the crew member look bad. It's a tough one...because they're breaking the rules, but what can you really do?

Last edited by radiofreebc; January 25th, 2011 at 03:59 AM.