View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
to those who don't I would ask, would you go into the dining room on formal night dressed casually?
Years ago when there was "formal night" on every cruise ship, we were dressed to the nines and the other group 'we were stuck with for the week' at dinner showed up in shorts and T-shirts. At that time, no one was to even be allowed to enter the dining room in shorts at any time during the week, much less formal night, but I imagine someone received a big fat tip to keep their mouths shut and allow them in.

Every time I look back at my photos from that night it still sticks in my craw. Totally ruined my photos. Should have cut them out of my photos a long time ago...lol

Times have changed, however, and it's just not all that to dress to the nines on many cruise ships anymore. Though I would never be so low class as to show up on "elegant" night in shorts and T-shirt, the days of glitz and glamour are behind me. I had fun with it back then, but just not a big deal to dress so fancy-shmancy anymore. Very few others make such a big deal either. These days it's just dress slacks and blouse for me.

Beth
Enchanted Seas
Enchanted Isle x4

Seawind
Seawind Crown
Celebrity
Horizon
Carnival
Celebration x5
Festivale
Fascination
Inspiration