View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
I pardon your ignorance..
Personal pride in one's appearance, respect for those who asked you to dress in a certain way that you were aware of when you booked, respect for other diners who have actually bothered to dress as requested, respect for the staff who are immaculately turned out.....Presumably you return to the cabin to wash & change before dinner?
"Comfy rules"...do you buy uncomfortable formal clothes then? try a bigger size?
Personal pride in one's appearance, that's what I said, showing off for people you don't know. Wear something that shouts, "Look at me". Hey, if you're into that, go for it, I have nothing against you or anyone who dresses like that but don't think it makes you a better person than I am. I have lots of pride. Pride of my family history, where I am from, the hard worker that I am, and the friend that I am to many people. I don't need to dress in specefic clothing to display my pride.

I think the problem here is the definition for formal. To me, formal is a suit or a tux, and I own neither and never will. On our last cruise we went to our first ever formal night. I was wearing the exact dress pants and short sleeved dress shirt (no tie) that I have worn to the casual nights, and I wear to whatever bars we decide to visit that evening. What I wore is what I wear to work which is comfy and at work we call it "Business casual". If I was doing something wrong then I should have been turned away.

Krunch
Eastern Caribbean - Dream (B2B) - November, 2013 (Our Wedding)
Mexician Riviera - Spirit - November, 2011
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006