View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofreebc View Post

I also didn't really appreciate getting woken up at 3:30am by the front desk because a movie stopped playing on TV. You're on a cruise, turn the TV off and spend some 'quality' time with your SO or something. It's a boat...go outside and breathe in some sea air, and let me get some sleep so I can work 14 hours tomorrow with some rest.
I completely agree that the crew and anyone who provides you with service should be treated with respect and a level of understanding.

However...........If I pull up a PPV movie at 1, 2, or 3 a.m. and it stops halfway through I will call the front desk. The front desk will then tell me they will have it fixed, or that I will have to wait until the next day, or they will refund my purchase and I can try later. If I am told any of these I would be more than understanding.

It is not my problem as a guest to know the staffing and work schedules or that someone will need to be awakened from sleep in order to fix this. It is up to the cruise line to set the hours of service for these functions and if it isn't staffed at that time then let the guest know it or have someone on duty. If I want to watch a movie, on my vacation, at 3:00 a.m. then I will. If staff doesn't want to be bothered at this time then don't offer the service at this time. If someone is the "on call" person then that's part of their job and if they don't like it then they need to address it with their superior and not make a guest feel bad for asking for something they paid for.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me