Thread: Cozumel beaches
View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedreams View Post
We will be in Cozumel in a few weeks on our Inspiration cruise. We want to hit the beach, but last time we went to Cozumel we went to Mr. Sanchos beach and it was to "rocky" both on the shoreline and in the water.

We are looking for nice, clean sandy beach with sandy bottom in the water.
Which is better.... Paradise beach or Playa Mia ?
Other suggestions?

thanks!!
Mr Sanchos lost a lot of sand right at the water line during Hurricane Wilma. In fact, it is not uncommon for the beach resorts on the West side to have this kind of issue since Wilma.

At Paradise Beach, you can enter the water at the NORTH end without water shoes but if you are entering anywhere else, I would use water shoes.

Paradise Beach also has a brand new huge pool with chairs IN the water....

The main difference between Paradise Beach and Playa is that Playa charges an entrance fee and Paradise Beach does not.

Paradise Beach has a $2 lounge chair charge ... but we usually sit under the papala...so we don't use a lounge chair.

Paradise Beach also has an OPTIONAL wristband for $12 to use all the nonmotorized water and land toys....the boys always get the wristband..hubby and I do not.

I like having the OPTION.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND