View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Norm... I appreciate the explanation, and I'll at least agree that your estimates could be at least closer to reality Even if you're correct, I don't expect it to last as times (and dress) are still changing. Even the luxury lines have begun to minimize dress expectations, with the exception of Cystal Cruises.

My blog tomorrow (appearing on the home page) is all about this topic.
With all due respect to Norm, his observations are not even close for the typical Celebrity cruises. The numbers of men in tuxes is probably closer to 10% with the rest being in suits, sport jackets of just plain shirts. This doesn't even account for the large numbers of people who are avoiding formal nights completely by either going to the Specialty restaurants, the buffet or dining in their room. Check other boards and you will be shocked at the numbers of people avoiding formal nights. I base this on hundreds of posts on other boards and my two cruises in the last year on Celebrity. Also, many of these posts are from European cruisers and those on longer Celebrity cruises. Formal isn't what it was ten years ago, not even close...A lot of people wish it was but it is simply not the case.

Formal nights on cruises of seven nights or more are not alive and well on Celebrity cruises. They have one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. They will be gone in the near future or totally optional..