View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It was an "interrupted" nights sleep for me. At 3:40 this morning I was awakened by what sounded like the "security breach klaxon", that we had in the data center, when I worked for the bank. It scared the hell out of me. What it was the alarm on my "Merlin@Home" pacemaker monitor. I knew I wasn't dead because the dampness in my pajamas told me otherwise.

I tried for about 30 seconds to figure out how to reset the alarm (there is no off/on switch) and then said "To hell with it" and pulled the plug. However, it has a battery back up, that I wasn't aware of, and kept blaring. I then thought the damn thing was possessed by Trip's computer demon. After another minute of blaring, Betty telling me to do the things I had already done and my son's dog going crazy, I was about to just bust the thing over the dresser. Then I saw a small button "under" the base that said: "Silence". I pushed it and the demon was vanquished.

I figured the thing must have went off for a reason so I called the EP Nurse's line and left a message and then did a scan and transmitted it. At 7:00 a.m. the EP Nurse called and said that there was no problem and everything looked fine on the scan. She said sometimes the units get radio frequency interference and that can set them off. I told her that if it does it again I'm shutting it down. There is no real reason, other than convenience, that I need to have it on. Oh well, we'll see if the demon returns.

Otherwise it's cold -18, crisp and clear day here in Minnesota. Nothing on the agenda other than the daily routine.

I hope all Cruisemates have a great Tuesday and enjoy the day no matter what the weather is.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me