View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Now I'm going to confuse things even more. As of yesterday, Celebrity has removed the definition of formal dress that was previously on their web site. They used to define formal as a Tux, dinner Jacket or a suit. That has now been removed and I am curious what if anything this means. They still refer to formal but the defninitions are gone.

FAQ Answers
I hope that the new web page is correct and that it really does mean that formal night is disappearing. However, if that is their intent, they really need to remove any reference to formal nights from that page.

I did check a few minutes ago, and RCCL has not changed their dress code description; still includes formal dress recommendations.

Maybe RCCL, Inc. is trying to move "X's" dress code closer to Oceania (and others), or just increase the differences between their two sister lines.

It will be interesting how this plays out. Hopefully, it just reduced my Infinity/Alaska packing requirements!
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice