View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Kuki, we will try other lines. Especially when we have more time than money. Currently, I work so it is the opposite.

I am going on my first Silversea cruise in January. I will go on Oceania at some time. Probably also Azamara.

I found out a couple more things about Marina that affect, on the edges, a choice of Oceania over Regent. First, apparently Oceania does not have an alcohol package like Azamara. I don't like being surprised by my bill. Second, and I am sure you will consider this very minor, Oceania does not do "special orders" in dining room. Last cruise I arranged steak tartare for 10 for lunch. I also ordered Crepe Normandie since I had not been able to order them since we returned from Europe. I have had the chef recreate some of my favorite dishes from landside restaurants. I also like having a few lobster tails as an appetizer from time to time. Yes, this is minor; but I do enjoy it. On one holiday cruise they served a whole goose to a family traveling together letting the grandfather handle the carving. I am sure that family really enjoyed the ability to special order.

I know all small issues but taken together, all other things being equal, they do add up.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14