View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Thanks for the info, Mike. In all my life I have never experienced a seizure and I have no firsthand knowledge of them. I did not realize they were actually so benign - assuming the proper precautions are taken.

It is a shame the ship's doctor was not prepared, but think a out that guy on Norwegian Epuc who died from aniphilactic shock. THAT never shoukd have happened, either, but it did.

And as I recall in the long run the family did not try to hold the cruise line responsible for what happened (as far as I know).

I am not trying to exculpate the cruise lines, I am just saying it appears that they person with the condition should be fully prepared to deal with the possible results and not think the cruise line is going to be able to handle the situation.

It is too bad he was asked to leave, but it does sound like the doctor didnt think he had what was needed to handle to condition. And I am just saying that will likley be a common response.

This is a just heads up to people with medical conditions to come prepared. Also - in fact, it is probably better not to mention your personal business to the cruise staff - just make sure you stay with a buddy during the trip.