View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennc View Post
Use a travel agent!!!!!!!!
You should see how NCL treats their travel agents. I was supposed to do a Shipboard Luncheon for travel agents twice last year. and both dates were cancelled. one after I was already in New York City. The first time I lost out on a free hotel night I redeemed for the trip and the second time I was never notified. Because of this I am very cautious about recommending NCL to my clients and I only promote them when they are the best option for my intended promotion(such as when I want to do a round trip Honolulu cruise, and NCL is the only line to do those regularly to my knowledge). The last Business Development Manager I had with NCL I liked though. Carnival has been ok to deal with but has been giving agents problems as well. Nothing bad to say about most of the lines, but Princess I have been especially impressed with as I have been preparing for my own upcoming cruise. Nothing but courteous, respectful, and friendly service from them. My suggestion is if you continually have problems with one cruise line, you may want to contact a travel agent and start looking for a cruise line that has many of the same features you like as the one you normally cruise on. Do keep in mind that a travel agent should never charge fees for anything but airline tickets and special services(such as mailing documents or special(non-domestic) calls they have to make on your behalf, as cruise lines do pay the commission after you get back from your vacation.

Need some cruise help?