View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:16 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
Queen of Oakville,

Teaching children manners and basic social etiquette, including proper dress for various social occasions, is a fundmanental responsibility of parenting that too many adults shirk now -- which is why, as adults, their children continue to display abject ignorance thereof. I, for one, applaud the OP and many other dedicated parents who take this responsibility seriously and who take advantage of the "formal" evenings on a cruise to teaching their children the right way.

Norm.
Ya know, this rings to some of what I was saying in another "what to wear" thread on here. I guess I was just raised different. I personally enjoy the chance to put on a suit. I look *good* in a suit, so why not. When I was on Imagination last year, I went a little over the top, but not in a bad way. Black on black, with a tie that hits of red kind of flame, but not really. It looked sharp, and I got tons of compliments from my tablemates, my bartenders, and so on down the line. In fact, I think before my next cruise, I will invest in a new *good* suit. Right now I have a mix of pants and a jacket bought separatly from Target. Nordstrom Rack here has some really nice Calvin Klein suits at a very affordable price.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.