View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Familiar Face

It will be clear what is charged extra for and what is included. Ice cream parlors (standalone) are extra I believe. But the ice cream machine in the WIndjammer is free provided that the restaurant is open. You can skip the pay food the whole cruise and still eat like a king. I went on RCCL's cheapest cruise last time and the food in the Windjammer was great, world food with no fear of using spices. The food in the formal dining room (included was also very good), but I have to say, sometimes the items in the dining room are also served on the buffet. (this may or may not be the case on a better cruise like yours). I usually ate at the buffet (small amount) with my son, then we would drop him off at the kids place and go to our formal dinner at 8:30 (another reason for second seating). If you want to have a private dinner, then perhaps it is worth it to pay for a date night. But my wife and I are always together and have few friends where we've moved to, so we asked for and are looking forward to a big table of strangers!

Sovereign of the Seas (Sept 2002)
Enchantment of the Seas (Sept 2003)
Monarch of the Seas (August 2009)
Monarch of the Seas (April 2011)
Enchantment of the Seas- Port Canaveral (May 2013)
Enchantment of the Seas - (April 2014)
Hope for a BIG ship in 2015! (heck with that, we'll take a small one for 2014!)