View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Familiar Face

Thumbs up

You're very welcome! I enjoy writing and trying to squeeze a little humor in there, so I'm glad it worked!

ETA: Don't worry about wandering the ship with your little ravenous wolverines and not knowing which places are for a fee or not... if you select a traditional dining time, you'll know where to go when it's mealtime. But beyond that, it's pretty easy. There are a few that are complimentary, breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack. Then there are one or two that are comp, breakfast/lunch/snack, with upcharge for dinner. There is one that is comp breakfast, upcharge for lunch and dinner. (Johnny Rockets).

Oh, another $$ saving tip: if you want to try one of the fancy restaurants, do it during lunch. The menu is more limited but will still be as good, and the fee is lower than it is for dinner, generally.

OH- also, some of the fancier restaurants welcome children "before 7 pm" so if you have kids younger than 13, that is something to consider.

Here, I'll just type up what I wrote down for myself: (probably not complete, and a couple of these may be on other ships only)

150 Central Park- $35, 6-10 pm
Chops- $25 6-10pm
Giovannis Table- Lunch: 11:30-3:30 $10, Dinner: 6-10 $15
Izumi- Lunch: 12-1:30 (select days) Ala Carte menu w/ $3 cover; Dinner- 6-10 pm, $5 cover
Character breakfast- included, 8:00am three days, MDR
Mystery Dinner Theater- $49.50
Cupcake Decorating classes- $22 Adult, $15 kid (Cupcakes- $2.50)
Portofino- $20-25 6-10 pm
Samba Grill- $25 6-10 pm
Solarium Bistro- Comp. Buffet: Breakfast & Lunch, Dinner 6-10pm- $15
Donut Shop- included/comp.
Boardwalk Dog House- hot dogs, comp.
Cafe Promenade- Included/comp.
Ice Cream parlor- menu pricing- 12:00- 10:00 pm
Johnny Rockets- comp. breakfast. Lunch and Dinner 11:30- midnite? $4.95
Park Cafe- Comp. Breakfast, lunch, snacks
Ritas- 11a-1a $7.95
Rita's Fiesta- $20 (food and alcohol) $10 (food and non alcohol)
Sorrento's Pizza- comp.
Vitality Cafe- ala carte menu pricing
Windjammer- Continental Breakfast 6:30-7:30, Full buffet breakfast 7:30-10:30, lunch 12-2, Dinner 6-9
All Comp.
Wipeout Cafe- comp. (Ice cream machine somewhere around here, comp.)
__________________________________________________ ______

I'm sure I missed some, like I just remembered Vintages Wine and Tapas, and also I think most of the bars serve snackies too.

I promise I'm only suffering from the tiniest Hermione Granger complex. I just like to know things, and I like to share! Hope I don't annoy or offend! PS-You should totally go to Theme Park Review and read their photo review! It's a-maz-ing!

New to Cruising- UNTIL...

Allure of the Seas- 2012!

The Crew:

Captain Mama D- 38 (Me)
First Mate- Daughter Shannon- 18
Second Mate- Daughter Jasmine- 18

and The Swab- Little Man Adam- 11

Last edited by OklaCruiserMom; February 27th, 2011 at 12:59 AM.