View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Queen, sadly, the kids today,literally don't know what they are missing. The outisde fun we had as kids,is a total unknown factor today. Technology has taken over to the extreme. The sense of having fun, is totally different today

Technology is a wonderful tool to send us forward in so many ways, but at the expense sometimes, of a child, just being a child.

BUT, times have changed. When we were kids, we could run freely around our neighbourhoods, walk several blocks on our own ... heck, I walked over 1 mile to go to school by myself at 6 years old. Today, I would NEVER, EVER, EVER, in a million years let my 5 year old out of my eyesight. There are a whole new world of predators out there. I'm not saying this is the case for every child; but some kids are kept in side for their safety. In the summer, my kids get 1-2 hours of supervised play at the park with their friends. But I cannot imagine, just letting my child come and go; as my brothers and I did 35 years ago. So, when we keep them locked in doors .... technology serves its purpose! [not suggesting that my kids watch tv/internet as their only indoor activity!]

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991