View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2002, 11:56 PM
Babette

Default Re: Costa Maya dock name

Allison:

Hi.. just gotbaak from Zenith - back-to-back's. There is only one pier in Costa Maya. The Jungle Bach Break takes you by bus (1/2 hours ride) to the Uvero Beach Club. BEAUTIFUL! Sandy beach (not very good for snorklers though), ideal swimming conditions. Clean restrooms, okay snack food (hot dogs, hamburgers, fried, quesadillas, etc) and 8 count drinks!! The use of kayaks and paddle boats is free. You can also rent jet skis. I liked it so well the first time, I rebooked for the second week.

I did not find the shopkeepers at all pushy. Actually, some of the tamest around!!! Perfume prices were comparable to Cozumel. I cannot comment on other prices, as I've shopped Mexico somuch in the past, there is ntohing else which interests me. I also leave my jewelry shopping for the eastern Caribbean itineraries.

The first week Zenith and Enchantment were docked together. The pool areas at the port were very crowded. The Uvero Beach Club was not. The Second week, Zenith and Grandeur were docked together. Although thee wre more people at the Beach Club, it did not seem crowded, but the port area......extremely crowded.

Folks who took the excursions to the various ruins were quite pleased with their tours both weeks.