View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Admiral

I have cruised on a lot of lines - many no longer in business.

I went on Carnival once a number of years ago and will never go with them again.

Used to sail with NCL - 6 times - 4 of them on the Norway and the last two on the Norway after Star Ferry of Hong Kong bought them and destroyed a beautiful ship. Not only that but I prefer traditional dining and they don't have it.

I'll stick with Princess no matter how many times I go to the same ports (8 to the Canal) and a whole bunch to the Caribbean. I love their perks and the general very friendly attitude - plus being able to sail from Fort Lauderdale.

As to other itineraries, I've travelled to many areas of the world (land trips and some cruises, 4 trans-Atlantic and 1 trans-Pacific) so really have seen most of what I wish to see. No desire to go to the middle East - never did have ... nor most of Asia (did go to Hong Kong and Japan on a cruise). Been to Scandanavia and a lot of Europe.

My last cruise this past November I stayed on board and enjoyed the Coral Princess. I love just being on the ship and don't have to repeat seeing islands/ports.

My second choice would be Celebrity that I've sailed on 5 times, but not RCI which I was on twice.

But, my heart belongs to Princess!

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012